- New releases from Claudia Robin Gunn, Erica Rabner, Little Parade, 123 Andrés, Silly Bus, The Amoeba People, Pancake Manor, and Beth Nielsen Chapman.Read More »
- 2020 was a year like no other but that didn’t stop the world of Kindie from kicking out some amazing music this year.Read More »
- New releases from Top of the Bus, We Kids Rock, Claudia Robin Gunn, Dirk Scheele, EVT Kids, Little Miss Ann, Don Spencer, Kelli Welli, The Bright Siders, Beth Jean, The Listies, Adventure Time, Pancake Manor, The Laurie Berkner Band, Music with Michal, The Story Pirates, Danny Weinkauf, Genevieve Goings, and Little Parade.Read More »
- New releases from Dirk Scheele, Parry Gripp, Jazzy Ash, 123 Andrés, The Pop Ups, Debbie Doo, Claudia Robin Gunn, fleaBITE, Walter Martin, Al deCant, and Adventure Time.Read More »
- New releases from Daniel Tashian, Tu Rockcito, Blue Moon Boy, The Tallest Kid in the Room, EVT Kids, Parry Gripp, Ants Ants Ants, Kymberly Stewart, Stuart Stotts, Steve Goodie, Frances England, Claudia Robin Gunn, Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could, Brighter Light Brigade, The Story Pirates, Dirk Scheele, The Laurie Berkner Band, and 123 Andrés.Read More »
What is Kindie Music?
PlaytimePlaylist.com is dedicated to promoting Kindie Music and the hard working dedicated professionals (and amateurs) that make it, but what is “Kindie” exactly? The word comes from merging of “Kid” and “Independent”. But Kindie is so much more than just those two words.
While there is a lot of mass-produced children’s music out there, Kindie artists typically (but not always) work with independent music publishers. The genre spans a huge range of artists who dedicate a large portion of their lives to making family-friendly music for children. From Folk to Ska to Pop to everything else you can imagine, these artists make GREAT music that kids will love but so will you.
In the Kindie world, you will find an amazing array of styles from a wide range of artists (and sometimes a wide range of styles from the same artist). In this world, artists are free to make music that comes straight from their heart and isn’t bound by commercial formulaic rules.
Kindie Artists do it for the love of music and children not just for a paycheck (but hey, be sure to buy an album or two and try to hit some local shows as well).
PlaytimePlaylist is the most comprehensive collection of Kindie Artists around. Be sure to look around by playlist theme or by location to find some new music that you can enjoy with your kids. Like all music, not everything will appeal to every person. When you find something you like, make sure to make that you like it and add some comments to it to help others find that hidden gem.
As always be sure to leave us your thoughts on what Kindie Music is to you and ways we can help share it with all the families out there to help promote the joy of music with the world.