- New releases from Tunes with Tim, Diana Reds and Family for Children, Kristle Skennar, Pointed Man Band, Parry Gripp, Dirk Scheele, and Genevieve Goings.Read More »
- New releases from The Tallest Kid in the Room, The Deedle Deedle Dees, Irie Goose, Debbie Doo, Mr. Nick Davio, Ageeth De Haan, and Parry Gripp.Read More »
- New releases from 123 Andrés, All Around This World, The Pancake Trucks, Kath Bee, Parry Gripp, and Irie Goose.Read More »
- New releases from Lali BeGood, Benny Time, The Shytunas, Falu, Rainbow Rosalind, Debbie Doo, Mariano Pose, and The Pancake Trucks.Read More »
- New releases from 123 Andrés, Mr. Aaron, Steve Goodie, Benny Time, DJ Willy Wow, Poco Drom, Itty Bitty Beats, La Bollito Band, Laurie Berkner Band, Marta Gómez, Twinkle Time, The Story Pirates, and Lali BeGood.Read More »
What is Kindie Music?
PlaytimePlaylist.com is dedicated to promoting Kindie Music and the hard working dedicated professionals (and amateurs) that make it, but what is “Kindie” exactly? The word comes from merging of “Kid” and “Independent”. But Kindie is so much more than just those two words.
While there is a lot of mass-produced children’s music out there, Kindie artists typically (but not always) work with independent music publishers. The genre spans a huge range of artists who dedicate a large portion of their lives to making family-friendly music for children. From Folk to Ska to Pop to everything else you can imagine, these artists make GREAT music that kids will love but so will you.
In the Kindie world, you will find an amazing array of styles from a wide range of artists (and sometimes a wide range of styles from the same artist). In this world, artists are free to make music that comes straight from their heart and isn’t bound by commercial formulaic rules.
Kindie Artists do it for the love of music and children not just for a paycheck (but hey, be sure to buy an album or two and try to hit some local shows as well).
PlaytimePlaylist is the most comprehensive collection of Kindie Artists around. Be sure to look around by playlist theme or by location to find some new music that you can enjoy with your kids. Like all music, not everything will appeal to every person. When you find something you like, make sure to make that you like it and add some comments to it to help others find that hidden gem.
As always be sure to leave us your thoughts on what Kindie Music is to you and ways we can help share it with all the families out there to help promote the joy of music with the world.